Recreate the age old tradition of afternoon tea at home with these fantastic recipes and tips. This course will suit all experience levels allowing you to ‘WOW’ your guests! From delicate sweet treats to lovely rich scones we will cover a variety of techniques and skills involved in creating afternoon tea.
All of our courses are delivered by our resident master chef Kevin Hughes. The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Half Day Recipes (may include):
- Fruit Scones
- Pistachio, Cherry and Chocolate Tart
- Lemon Drizzle
- French Macaron
- Choux Paste –
- Gluten-free brownie
- Selection of sandwiches
Techniques Covered on Course:
- Making and lining sweet paste
- Cooking choux paste and piping different shapes. E.g. Profiteroles, éclair & Paris-brest
- Professional Folding techniques
- Pastry Blind baking
- French Macaron flavouring and colouring
Half Day – £85/£95